Please find outlined below information we hope will ensure you enjoy your visit to Lucknam Park, regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a medical condition, disability, impairment or specific learning difficulty. All of our staff undertake training in all aspects of customer service including accessibility.Prior to your arrival:
- Enquiries and reservations may be made by telephone, fax or email.
- Should you require a taxi to the hotel from Chippenham or Bath Stations (both approximately 20 minute drive) or Bristol Airport (approximately 60 minute drive), we use a reliable company on a regular basis and we would be delighted to book them on your behalf. They do have a vehicle suitable for a wheelchair and three additional passengers if required, it is helpful to book this in advance.
- Directions to the hotel can be found on our website under the location section or we can post, fax or email them. On arrival at the hotel
- Arrivals drive to the front of the hotel, immediately adjacent to the front entrance. We have designated blue badge holders parking spaces in the hotel car park. We offer a valet parking service to all arrivals.
- Entrance to the hotel is by way of one step or a gentle sloping ramp that is available for a wheelchair.
- Your luggage will collected from your car on arrival and delivered to your room.
- You will be escorted to your room and shown the layout of the public areas enroute.
- Floor is polished wood with rugs and non slip underlay. It is suitable for wheelchairs
- The reception desk is table height and has space for a wheelchair to be adjacent
- The reception is all on one level.
- Our corridors are well lit and are either carpeted or polished floors with rugs and non slip underlay.
- Our Library is accessed directly from the reception through a wide door held open on a magnetic catch. The Library leads through to our Drawing Room.
- The Park Restaurant is on the same ground floor level. It is located on the opposite side of the reception and is accessed along one corridor.
- There are a number of fire doors along the main corridor from reception to the restaurant and toilets. They are all held on magnetic catches.
- Our accessible toilet is situated on the ground floor on this main corridor and is easily accessed from all public areas.
- The fire alarm system is a continuous bell and does not have flashing lights. Assistance is given if evacuation is necessary.
The Park restaurant
- There is ample movable seating and there are chairs available with or without arms. We offer assistance if the guest wishes to transfer from wheelchair to restaurant chair.
- All areas are well lit by chandelier and spotlights. Additionally at night candles are on all tables when the overhead lights are dimmer.
- Full waiter service provided at breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Restaurant tables are laid with white table linen
- Please let us know in advance if you have any special dietary needs.
- The menu is printed on cream paper and can be verbally presented if required.
- 16 rooms are located on the ground floor, 4 of these are in the main house, the remainder are in the immediately adjacent courtyard accessed by gravel paths, with ramped access.
- 1 of these rooms, located in the main house has been designed with ample space to move a wheelchair around, it can be twin or double bedded, the TV is wall mounted, the wardrobe has been fitted at an appropriate height, the ensuite is a shower room (wet room style) with plastic wheelchair available if required, ample grab rails and a toilet and basin at correct height for wheelchair access.
- A small fridge would be available on request for any medication
- Service dogs (only) are welcome
- In the event of evacuation the bells will ring continuously. If you require assistance for evacuating please notify us on arrival.
- Guests with hearing difficulties need to advise us on arrival. In the event of evacuation a member of staff will go directly to their room to raise the alarm and assist as required.
- We offer 24 hour room service with appropriate menus available
- We have staff available 24 hours to assist guests if required
- We can arrange a care nurse if prior notice is given
We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much detail as we can in our Access Statement, however we welcome your feedback to continuously improve on the information we provide. If you require further assistance please call 01225 742777
To download a selection of the hotel brochures, click here