- It’s time to sow! Tomatoes are ready to be sown and you should be planting your onions, shallots and garlic.
- Plant any stone fruit trees during this month. Apricots, peaches and nectarines are a great addition to have in the garden and you will appreciate having them fresh to use in your cooking.
- Rhubarb should be almost ready for harvesting so keep an eye on it to ripen.
- If you have got some rhubarb to cook with (either from your own garden or some of the good forced rhubarb that is about now) then things like rhubarb crumbles and pies are ideal this time of year.
- Seville and Malaga oranges will only be available in the shops for another couple of weeks, so make sure to whip up a few jars of homemade marmalade.