These are the terms and conditions (Terms) on which we, Lucknam Park Hotels Limited (the Company), supply our services in respect of our spa facilities (Spa) by Spa members (Members), their permitted guests (Guests) or other third parties on our premises.
It is important that you read and understand these Terms (particularly clauses 3, 4 and 5) before using the Spa. If there is any Term that you do not understand, please discuss it with us before using the Spa.
a) Your annual membership subscription (and therefore your contract with us) commences upon us confirming the acceptance by the Company of your membership application. Our acceptance shall always be subject to receipt by the Company of full payment for your membership and any other amounts owing to the Company, and your ongoing compliance with these Terms and any other reasonable requirements of the Company. Details of membership fees (including any new member joining fees) are available by contacting us, visiting our website or at the Spa.
b) Your membership subscription shall commence on 1st January and shall be for a period of 12 months, subject to rights of early termination in accordance with these Terms.
c) Membership cannot be cancelled by you part way through the year and is non-transferable and non-refundable.
d) If your personal circumstances change significantly (for example if you have a serious injury or illness that is preventing you from using the Spa) and you wish to discuss your membership, please contact us.
2. CHILDREN’S MEMBERSHIP:
a) Children under 16 years of age:
must be accompanied at all times by an adult who is a Member.
are not allowed to use the Hydrotherapy pools or the thermal experience cabins.
can use the Swimming Pool Monday to Thursday 9am to 11am and from 3pm to 5pm.
b) Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied at all times by an adult who is a Member when using the tennis courts and five-a-side football pitch, available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
- ADMISSION AND CONDUCT:
a) The Company reserves the right to:
- refuse any application for membership
- refuse admission to the Spa or its premises
- expel any person from its premises
where a person’s conduct is in the Company’s opinion injurious or detrimental to the character or reputation of the Spa or the interests of its Members, Guests or staff.
b) The Company in its absolute discretion and without ascribing any reasons therefore may terminate the membership of any Member, refunding the unexpired portion of their current membership. In the event of a serious or repeated breach of these Terms, no refund will be made.
c) The Company may refuse to accept any application for membership or renew the membership of any Member without giving any reasons therefore.
d) To ensure that the swimming pool and surrounding area are kept peaceful and quiet, there shall be no jumping, diving or splashing in the pool. Mobile telephones and tablets must be on silent within the Spa.
a) Members and Guests are advised to undergo a medical examination prior to using the Spa.
b) Some of the activities available at the Spa are physically challenging and carry risks that we cannot entirely eliminate. These include the risk of personal injury. In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by us, participation in Spa activities is entirely at your risk.
c) You are responsible for using Spa equipment safely and as directed. You must behave sensibly and follow any safety instructions so as not to hurt or injure yourself or others. In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by us, the use of our machinery, equipment or facility is entirely at your own risk.
d) In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by us, we are not responsible for any theft, damage, destruction or loss of your property or belongings while using our facilities. Do not leave any valuables unattended, in lockers or in cars. The car park and changing facilities are not supervised or monitored
- SAFETY & HYGIENE: For reasons of hygiene and safety all Members and Guests must comply with the following:
a) No alcohol to be drunk before exercising or using the steam room and sauna.
b) Ensure that you receive instruction on the use of the gymnasium equipment.
c) Shower before and after using the Swimming Pool, Spa Pool, Sauna and Steam Room (please note that shaving is not allowed in these areas or the showers)
d) Only consume food and drink in The Brasserie or The Spa garden terrace. Only food and drink purchased at Lucknam Park to be consumed on premises.
e) Clothing, swimwear or towels must not be dried in the Sauna
f) No smoking in any area of The Spa
g) If under-going medication or have any ongoing medical or physical condition then consult your doctor before using any of the facilities.
h) Outdoor footwear and clothing is not permitted in the pool hall area.
i) First aid boxes are located at The Spa Reception.
j) On hearing the fire alarm members should immediately make their way to the nearest fire exit. Do not re-enter the building until told it is safe to do so.
k) All belongings to be left in The Spa lockers when using The Spa.
l) You must act responsibly and sensibly at all times.
m) You must not participate if you are pregnant or under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs.
n) You must follow any safety warnings or instructions displayed or given to you by a member of staff. Ask a member of staff if you are unclear.
o) We are not qualified to express an opinion that you are fit to safely participate. You must obtain professional or specialist advice from your doctor before participating.
- DRESS: Correct and appropriate attire must be worn for your chosen activity and at the Spa generally.
- OPENING TIMES: The Spa is open Monday to Friday 7am to 10pm and at weekends 7am until 9pm. The Spa must be vacated by the advertised closing time. On Public Holidays these times may be subject to change, any changes will be displayed in the Spa reception. The Spa will be closed for a period of time at the beginning of January for Spa maintenance. Occasionally it may be necessary to close the Spa due to exclusive events, or for any unforeseen circumstances.
- PAYMENT: You must please pay for any charges incurred before leaving the Spa.
- DISPUTES: In the event of any dispute arising out of the interpretation of these Terms the decision of the Company shall be final.
- MAINTENANCE: All Spa facilities are maintained throughout the year, it may be necessary to close the facilities for a period for essential maintenance.
- MISSED APPOINTMENTS: If you fail to turn up for, or cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice to the Company, any treatments or therapies, you will be charged for these appointments in full. We will use reasonable endeavours to re-sell your cancelled appointment and if successful no charge will be made to you.
- LOST PROPERTY: Members belongings are their responsibility and remain so at all times even if left behind. Lost property found by staff members will be stored before being disposed of.
Make-up, liquids and toiletries will be stored for 24 hours.
Swimming goggles, books, clothing, swimsuits and sportswear will be stored for one month – then laundered, cleaned and donated to charity.
- CARS: In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by us, we are not responsible for any theft, damage, destruction or loss of your property or belongings while using our facilities. Do not leave any valuables unattended. The car park is not supervised or monitored.
- NOTICE: The Company at its discretion may vary these rules from time to time.
- VOUCHER REDEMPTION: In the absence of a voucher, payment will be due for the goods or services taken. Vouchers are non-transferable and non-refundable and must be used by the expiry date, extensions are not permitted.
- INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMPANY: We are Lucknam Park Hotels Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 02096222 and our registered office is at Lucknam Park, Colerne, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN14 8AZ. Our registered VAT number is 466287609. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at +44 (0) 1225 742 777, by writing to us at Lucknam Park, Colerne, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN14 8AZ or visiting https://www.lucknampark.co.uk/about/contact/.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: These Terms are governed by English law and are subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.